Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2023/24
Calling all teachers…
We need your help to inspire the next generation of innovators!
Samsung invites young people, aged 16-25, from all backgrounds across the UK and Ireland to explore how tech can be used to tackle some of society’s biggest issues in Education; Sustainability; Equity, Diversity & Inclusion; or Health & Wellbeing.
Why teachers love it:
- No qualifications needed – all students need is an idea!
- Cross-curricular links across Careers, PSHE, D&T, ICT, Science, Media Studies, Economics, and Business Studies
- Meet Gatsby benchmarks 5 & 6 as your students meet industry experts and learn more about the tech and design industries
What’s on offer?
- Delivery Guide for Teachers explaining how best to deliver the resources
- Competition Entry Pack walking them through the Design Thinking process
- Poster telling students all about the opportunity
- Access to the Solve for Tomorrow Innovator Hub full of inspiration and resources
What you need to do:
- Download Resources: Pass on the self-directed resources to your students OR run the Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2023/24 in Enterprise or extra-curricular sessions.
- Individual or Team Entry: Let students apply their unique skills, individually or in a team of five.
- Once they’ve come up with a game changing idea, they just need to submit here by Monday 18th December, 23:59.
Why should students enter:
Students have a unique opportunity to gain the skills and funding needed to design the future and expand their horizons.
- First prize – £10,000 cash prize and 3 months expert mentoring for both 16-18 and 18-25 age group winners, plus industry connections and networking opportunities!
- Runners up – £1,000 cash prize, plus 3 months expert mentoring for both the 16-18 and 18-25 age group winners.
- All Shortlisted Entries – 121 mentoring from industry-experts and Samsung employees, providing valuable experience and talking points for CV or job interviews.
Don’t just take it from us…
Phases of the competition:
- Apply (Sept 14–Dec 18, 2023): Young people submit their innovate tech ideas
- Refine (Feb 6–Mar 31, 2024): 24 shortlisted teams (12 per age group) attend workshops to develop the design of their idea and receive mentoring.
- Pitch (Apr 24–May 10, 2024): 10 finalists refine their idea and learn how to confidently pitch their product.
- Final Event (May 13–Jun 30, 2024): Winners and runners up from each age group will be selected
So, make sure your students get the memo. All of them have the opportunity to design the future!
Let’s solve the future together!
Don’t forget we have lots of other resources to help you teach exciting lessons. Check out our full list of initiatives HERE.
You have not confirmed your account or you have unsubscribed.
You have unsubscribed.
Email has been sent
Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2023/24
Can you imagine a world where tech is used as a force for good to improve Education, Sustainability, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, or Health & Wellbeing?
Enter the Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2023/24 to be in with the chance of winning fantastic prizes.
Deadline is Monday 18th December, 23:59.