Ben Fogle’s Hero to Zero Emission Miles Challenge
There has never been a more important time to teach about greener futures. The ever-increasing evidence of climate change has only motivated young people across the word to take action, and now you can help them understand the importance of emission free travel with our free curriculum-linked resources.
We are inviting all young people aged 7-11 to travel emission free as possible for 7 days! Can they travel by scooter, bike, electric car or on foot to gain points for the national competition?
Free downloadable resources include:
- Lesson plan – your comprehensive guide to a ready-to-run lesson linked to the curriculum.
- Classroom Presentation – a fun and engaging way to launch the challenge to your pupils.
- Activity Sheets – Engage your pupils in fun activity to help teach the importance of green travel.
- Competition leaflet – Take the challenge and send us the results to win some great prizes!
Ben will come along to the winning to school with a top engineer, to talk about how amazing electric cars are, and present all the amazing prizes. Here’s what you have to do:
1. Use the free resources to teach about climate change and how electric vehicles can help us achieve a greener future.
2. Set the challenge by handing out the competition entry forms and encourage your pupils to travel emission-free for 7 days.
3. Make sure all emission-free miles are recorded in the travel diary and that pupils make their pledge for a greener future.
4. For a bit of extra fun, total your school points and tell us the most interesting place you could travel to with your emission-free miles.
5. Return the competition entry forms by Wednesday 13th November
Join us in the fight to help stop climate change!
You have not confirmed your account or you have unsubscribed.
You have unsubscribed.
Email has been sent
Everyone can enter Ben Fogle’s Hero to Zero Emission Miles Challenge. Encourage your pupils to fill in their travel diaries to earn points and the chance to win some great prizes:
- Meet Ben Fogle!
- School assembly with Ben and a top engineer
- 2 tickets to a Formula E Race
- 1 week’s use of an electric car for the family driver
Find full terms and conditions here