Asda Food Rangers
Take a journey with your pupils and help to reduce food waste! Packed full of activities the Asda Food Rangers programme is easy to use and ready to go. We have free printed resource packs to give away to the first 1000 schools to register. For your free colourful resources register and get started today!
Help pupils aged 7-11 to become Asda Food Rangers and earn badges for their mission cards. Then reward pupils for their completed missions with a certificate. Help them understand the increasing problem of food waste and ways to combat it.
Arrange a school visit to an Asda store
Why not reach out to your local Asda Community Champion and arrange an in-store visit for your class? Or chat to them about visiting your school to run the Asda Food Rangers programme? If you are not sure who your local Community Champion is visit https://storelocator.asda.com to find out.
Five fun and inspiring missions
Challenge your pupils to earn badges for completing 5 inspiring missions:
- Mission 1: Plan it! Pupils learn that planning meals for the whole family helps to save food.
- Mission 2: Food detectives. Understand ‘use by’ and ‘best before’ dates on packaging.
- Mission 3: Super storing. Know that correct food storage helps preserve it for longer.
- Mission 4: Freeze, please! Help pupils discover foods they never knew they could freeze.
- Mission 5: Love leftovers. Using leftovers is a great way to save food. Discover how with fun activities and recipes.
Surprising food waste facts
- The average UK family wastes the equivalent of £700 a year of edible food.
- About 70% of the UK’s food waste comes from the home.
- In the UK, people throw away 20 million slices of bread every day.
Help your pupils to become Asda Food Rangers and arm them with the tools they need to help reduce food waste.
Don’t forget we have lots of other resources to help you teach exciting lessons. Check out our full list of initiatives for pupils of all ages on our website HERE
You have not confirmed your account or you have unsubscribed.
You have unsubscribed.
Email has been sent
Help Asda customers combat food waste by recording messages of encouragement with your pupils.
Send the messages to Asda for the chance to hear them played over Asda radio during Sustainable September.
- Take part in mission 1
- Create messages for Asda customers with your pupils.
- Use the Message Recording Guidance for hints and tips.
- Send your messages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Listen in-store to hear if your message has been played.