Competition terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all primary age children in mainland, who attend a school that has registered for the ‘Veg Power’ programme. Employees and agents of We are Futures, Birds Eye Ltd, Birds Eye Pizza Ltd and Aunt Bessie’s connected with the production or distribution of the competition, or any of their associated companies, are not eligible to take part in the competition, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per pupil.
- An entry is defined as a completed competition slip found in the downloadable competition entry form. The slip must be completed in full to be considered.
- To be eligible for this competition, the pupil must attend a school that has registered for the ‘Veg Power’ programme and have the full permission of a parent or guardian.
- For an entry to be eligible it must meet the competition entry requirements.
- By entering the competition, the entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by other requirements set out in this competition.
Judging the Winner and Runner-up
8. One winner will be chosen by the marketing department of Birds Eye Ltd based on creativity of entry.
9. One runner-up will be chosen by the marketing department of Birds Eye Ltd based on creativity of entry.
10. The competition will begin on 1st May 2019 and close on 15th July 2019. The Promoter reserves the right to revise this date and extend the period for accepting entries for the competition in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
11. Pupils must submit their entry by sending their poster to We are Futures, The Veg Power Challenge, 1 Paris Garden, London, SE1 8ND or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th July 2019. A free post envelope can be found within the resource download at https://nationalschoolspartnership.com/initiatives/birdseye
12. Only the winner will be notified by email and telephone by 9th September 2019. Winners must accept their prize within 7 days of being notified.
13. The winning pupil’s school and runner-up’s school will be contacted to arrange the prize by 9th September 2019.
14. The individual prizes for the winning pupil and runner-up pupil will be dispatched to the winning schools by 9th October.
15. Winner’s Prize: For the purpose of this prize draw:
- 1 vegetable planter/trough for the winning school complete with soil, including delivery and set up.
- an assortment of vegetable seeds (assortment is at the sole discretion of Birds Eye Ltd.)
- an assortment of small gardening tools to tend the planter (assortment is at the sole discretion of Birds Eye Ltd.)
- Birds Eye garden pea seed packets for winner’s class (1 seed packet per pupil). Winner’s prize includes delivery to school and set up
- Cash alternative to the prizes above of the sum of £300 only will be offered to the Winning school.
- Runner-up’s Prize: For the purpose of this draw:
- Birds Eye Garden Pea seed packets for their class (1 seed pack per pupil).
- No alternative prizes are available, and the prizes awarded are non-transferable and non-negotiable.
18. All entries submitted cannot be returned and are the property of Birds Eye Ltd and We Are Futures. Copyright and all other intellectual property rights and interests will be and are hereby assigned to Birds Eye Ltd.
19. All prizes will be awarded on condition that winning schools agree to take part in Birds Eye Ltd and We are Futures publicity requests as appropriate. If this condition is not met by the winning school and pupil(s), the prize will be awarded to another entrant that does agree to this condition. Personal details of the winning pupil/school details will not be passed to anyone other than the Promoter, Birds Eye Ltd, Birds Eye Pizza Ltd and Aunt Bessie’s Ltd.
20. Entries may also be used for, amongst other things, post-event publicity (including reproduction of quotes) or for internal purposes including newsletters and presentations by the Promoter and Birds Eye Ltd.
21. The Promoter reserves the right in his/her reasonable discretion: a. to disqualify any competitor whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the competition and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct. b. to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on this website, and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the competition materially affecting the result of the competition or the number of claimants or the value of claims. c. to add to or to waive any rules and prizes on reasonable notice. d. and/or to cancel the competition or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond reasonable control.
22. Incorrect, incomplete, or illegal entries will not be accepted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, undelivered, delayed, damaged or mislaid entries.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify any entry which is not in accordance with the rules.
Privacy and Data Protection
- The Promotor, Birds Eye Ltd, Birds Eye Pizza Ltd and Aunt Bessie’s will not send pupils, parents or guardians any direct marketing at all, nor permit any third party to do so.
- Personal information will be held for no longer than one year after selection of competition winners.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Promoter, Birds Eye Ltd, Birds Eye Pizza Ltd and Aunt Bessie’s Ltd and their agents, associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage or disappointment which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury , death and fraud) in which case this liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- By participating in the competition, the entrants agree that the prizes are awarded on an ‘as is’ basis and that neither the Promotor, Birds Eye Ltd, Birds Eye Pizza Ltd nor Aunt Bessie’s make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prizes.
- The Promoter, Birds Eye Ltd, Birds Eye Pizza Ltd and Aunt Bessie’s Ltd are not responsible for removing the winner’s prize from the premises should the winner’s school wish this in the future.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (whether contractual or non-contractual in nature) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
30.Promoter is: We are Futures, 1 Paris Garden, London, SE1 8ND