Leap Skills workshops, provided by Unite Students for sixth formers
The UK’s largest student accommodation provider, Unite Students, is running free, interactive, 90-minute workshops throughout October to December to help sixth formers feel more confident and prepared for what to expect during the big leap to university. Leap Skills will feature a series of interactive, scenario-based activities and an informative tour.
Your sixth formers will:
- Begin to understand what to expect when living away at university
- Feel empowered to adapt well to new situations
- Build on their natural resilience and common sense
- Consider how they will develop the social relationships and support networks needed to thrive in a shared living environment
Workshop content is based on Unite Student’s extensive research insight and their first-hand experience of supporting 50,000 students every year as they move into university accommodation.
How to register for your preferred location:
You are invited to register your interest to bring a group of 10 to 32 sixth formers to a workshop at one of nine city centre locations:
Workshops will be run flexibly throughout September to February; Unite Students will be in touch to discuss the workshop further and agree an appropriate date, time and specific location within your chosen city, once you’ve registered your interest.
PLUS, READY TO GO EMAIL TEMPLATES AND PRINTABLE POSTER
Once you register you will also have access to editable, ready to use email templates and a printable poster to raise awareness amongst parents and students.
- Parent Email Template
- Parent Letter Template
- Sixth Former Email Template
- Unite Students Leap Skills Workshop Poster