Superbugs: Join the fight
Imagine a world where antibiotics no longer work… “Superbugs are a strain of bacteria that have become resistant to antibiotic drugs, and the issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) has recently featured in the media”1, giving you an ideal opportunity to engage students in a topical issue with real-world impact.
Superbugs: Join the fight is a PSHE Association accredited teaching resource and competition exploring the issue of AMR and showing that simple steps like hand-washing and personal hygiene can help prevent infection.
- Teacher Guide containing an overview of the superbugs issue, resource summary and curriculum links
- Lesson Plan – memorable PSHE/Health and wellbeing/PSE/PDMU lesson with activities exploring the superbugs issue and what students can do about it
- Activity Sheets exploring the history of superbugs, personal hygiene and creative communication
- Presentation & Video bringing the superbugs issue to life (for an assembly or to kick off activities in the classroom)
- Competition Leaflet providing instructions and tips for students, as they are challenged to come up with their own creative ideas to let people know about the issue
- Parent Letter – key messages and tips for parents around preventing infection and stopping the spread of Superbugs
- Poster to display in school, raising awareness of the issue and the importance of personal hygiene
Help your students to:
- KNOW more about AMR and its impact
- FEEL part of the solution and empowered to act
- DO take antibiotics responsibly and help stop the spread of infection/resistance
1 https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/22/superbugs-could-render-even-routine-procedures-deadly-warns/. Last Accessed, May 2018.
This programme is organised and funded by Pfizer. To contact Pfizer for any other purpose, including adverse event reports or medical information requests, please call 01304 616161.
PP-PFE-GBR-1376, date of preparation: August 2018
Tell us what you think about this initiative.
You have not confirmed your account or you have unsubscribed.
You have unsubscribed.
Email has been sent
Superbugs: Join the fight competition now open!
To win the fight against superbugs, we don’t just need great scientists, we need creative thinkers.
Come up with an effective idea to let people know about superbugs and how to stop them
The winning entrants will be invited, along with their class, to attend a prestigious event, as well as other fantastic prizes! The runners up will win a Pfizer experience for their class.
Send entries to superbugs or send by post along with the competition leaflet to: We are Futures, Superbugs Competition, 1-3 Paris Garden, Southwark, SE1 8ND by the deadline:
16th November 2018.
Terms and conditions are available here.