Superbugs: Join the Fight 2019/2020
Back again for a second year, the Superbugs: Join the Fight initiative continues to provide teachers with essential, curriculum-linked resources to educate pupils about the important real-world topic of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and the part they can play in preventing it.
In addition to last year’s fantastic Superbugs resources for 7-14 year-olds, this year we bring you:
- BRAND NEW Vaccines Lesson Pack for ages 11-14 to help educate your class about the importance of vaccinations and the role they play in the fight against superbugs – for example, how 19 out of every 20 people need to be vaccinated against measles to protect people who are not vaccinated1
- BRAND NEW nationwide competition for 5-14 year olds
- New Superbugs resources for ages 5-7 (previously only for 11-14 year-olds)
Don’t forget to enter the brand-new competition, where students can use creativity and language to tell the world about these important issues and be in with the chance of winning fantastic prizes!
Help your students to:
- KNOW more about AMR and its impact
- FEEL part of the solution and empowered to act
- DO take antibiotics responsibly and help stop the spread of infection/resistance
1 http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/herd-immunity, last accessed: September 2019
This programme is organised and funded by Pfizer. To contact Pfizer for any other purpose, including adverse event reports or medical information requests, please call 01304 616161.
PP-GEP-GBR-1447, date of preparation: November 2019
You have not confirmed your account or you have unsubscribed.
You have unsubscribed.
Email has been sent
Superbugs: Join the Fight Competition
To win the fight against superbugs, we need everyone to be aware of the steps they can take to beat AMR. Use the competitions to get your students to spread the word! There is one for the superbugs lesson (5-14), and one for the vaccines lesson (11-14) with some fantastic prizes to be won!
For further information on the task, how to enter and the deadline, download the competition leaflets from this page once you’ve registered. Read our T&Cs here.
See some of last year’s entries below.