Thomson Local is running a nation-wide programme to engage students in enterprise.
THE PROGRAMME WILL:
- Help students achieve important skills and attributes set out in the
- Offer schools the opportunity to work in partnership with local businesses,
by providing schools with
pre-enlisted local business partners, known as ‘Thomson Local Heroes’
- Provide tangible and quantifiable Enterprise and Community Cohesion evidence for the SEF
Through this programme, students will learn how to identify and set up a business that will make a positive
contribution to their local community, whilst gaining valuable enterprise skills.
- A £100 bursary
- Support from local businesses, pre-arranged by Thomson Local
- The opportunity to have Thomson Local build a micro-site for the students’ business
- The chance for students to participate in an exciting national competition and pitch their business idea to Thomson Local
Schools that have registered to receive the teaching resources will be eligible to apply for the Bursary Pack. In order to be selected for the Bursary Pack, schools will need to submit a simple and brief proposal on why they feel their school should receive the Bursary Pack and how they plan to use it.
The project is aimed at students aged 16 and over. Younger students can participate, if they demonstrate they have the skills to develop a sound business idea.
If you would like more information about the programme, please visit www.thomsonlocal.com/buildabusiness